“Queen Sugar”, the American drama TV series has returned with its fifth season and will soon be releasing 6 of themth episode. Created by Ava DuVernay, the series debuted on the 6thth September 2016. The show received mixed reviews at first but gradually, people started to really like the show. In fact, over a period of time, the event builds a large and loyal fan base. Currently, it has an average score of 98% on Rotten Tomatoes, 9/10 on Metacritic, and an average score of 7.7 / 10 on IMDb. As a result, year after year, the series was updated for a new season due to its popularity. As a result, the show is now airing its fifth season and plans to air its sixth episode this week. Well, let’s discuss more in the article:
“Queen Sugar” is an American drama created by Ava DuVernay. It is based on the 2014 novel of the same name (by Natalie Baszile- an American writer). The show’s story revolves around three brothers in rural Louisiana. They are dealing with the death of their father (who committed suicide). However, now they have to decide the fate of the 800 hectare sugar cane plantation that their father left behind. Ava DuVernay, Melissa Carter, and Oprah Winfrey are the executive producers of the show with the show airing on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Warner Horizon Television, Harpo Films, and Forward Movement are the production companies behind the show with Warner Bros. Television Distribution as the sole distributor. However, now let’s take a look at the main cast for Season 5 of “Queen Sugar”.
- Rutina Wesley as Nova Bordelon: Rutina Wesley is an American actress who is popular for playing the role of Tara Thornton in “True Blood”. Some of his other bests include “California Winter”, “13 Sins”, “Hannibal”, and “The Perfect Guy”.
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner as Charlotte “Charley” Bordelon West: Dawn-Lyen Gardner is an American actress who rose to fame after playing the character Ronnie Wilkes in “Viper”. He has also been a part of many films and shows such as “Luke Cage”, “Art School Confidential”, and “The Dunning Man”.
- Kofi Siriboe as Ralph Angel Bordelon: Kofi Siriboe is an American model and actor. Some of her best works include “Girls Trip”, “The Longshots”, “Awkward”, and “Prom.”
- Omar Dorsey as Hollingsworth “Hollywood” Desonier: Omar Dorsey is an American actor. She is popular for being a part of many famous films and series such as “Django Unchained”, “The Blind Side”, “Selma”, and “Bolden!”.
- Tina Lifford as Violet Bordelon: Tina Lifford is an American playwright and actress. Some of his best works include “South Central”, “Parenthood”, “Letters from a Killer”, and “The Devil’s Dolls”.
- Bianca Lawson as Darla Sutton: Bianca Lawson is an American actress. Some of his best works include “Bones”, “Primary Colors”, “Saved by the Bell: The New Class”, and “Pretty Little Liars”.
What can be expected from the upcoming episode of “Queen Sugar”?
The title for Episode 6 of “Queen Sugar” Season 5 is ’27 May 2020′. In the previous episode, we saw that Darla and Ralph got married. After going through a rather arduous journey for nearly 5 seasons with countless ups and downs, the couple finally tied the knot in the previous episode. It was a fun and cheerful episode as all the characters and fans celebrated the wedding. However, now the sensation will start in the upcoming episode. You can check out the trailer for the release of “Queen Sugar” on their official Twitter account.
– Sugar Queen (@QueenSugarOWN) 19 March 2021
When will “Queen Sugar” Season 5 Episode 6 be released?
“Queen Sugar” Season 5 Episode 6 will be released on the 23rdrd March 2021 which is Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET. You can listen to the OWN channel (Oprah Winfrey Network) to watch the episodes at the time given above. Especially if you miss watching the episode, you can also stream it later OWN official website or the application. You can also buy or rent episodes from Amazon Prime video, iTunes, Upstream, or Vudu. So, prepare yourself when your favorite drama returns with another exciting episode this season. Until then, let us know in the comments section how you think the story will proceed from here.